Nature Happenings - August
• Transition month: Orioles Tanagers,and grosbeaks are migrating south for winter; most are gone by end of month.
• Hummingbird activity remains strong.
• Watch for the second brood of young songbirds at your feeders.
• House Finches are still coming to feeders with their young.
• Watch for birds migrating through - e.g., Tanagers
• Mature native grasses, shrubs and flowers are an excellent food source for birds.
• Perseids Meteor shower is mid-month.
8/20 - National Honey Bee Day