Nature Happenings - May
- Moving water is a real magnet for some non-seed eating migrants
- Provide fruit like orange halves and apples for Tanagers, Orioles, and Grosbeaks
- Listen for unusual bird calls as a clue to find different birds visiting your backyard
- Orioles and grosbeaks are nesting.
- House Finches young are fledging.
- Watch for Grosbeaks and Tanagers migrating through
- May is Garden Wildlife Month.
- Mockingbirds singing fades as pairs form
- Eta Aquarid meteor shower is in early May.
- International Migratory Bird Day is May 13.
Black-chinned Hummingbirds are nesting.
Put out mealworms for nesting birds.