Nature Happenings - November
- Project Feeder Watch starts and extends until April, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
- Add a heater to your bird bath as temperatures begin to dip below freezing.
- Most of the Fall migration "ends." Present birds will remain in the area for winter.
- Yellow-rumped, Orange-crowned, Townsends and Black Throated Gray Warblers present throughout the region. Keep your mealworm feeders full.
- Goldfinch numbers increasing at feeders as weather cools.
- Eastern Vagrants appear during November; some will winter
Leonid meteor shower is mid-month.
Keep a hummingbird feeder up until you haven't had a Hummingbird for 2 weeks.
Watch for White-crowned Sparrows, Juncos, Northern Flickers, Juniper Titmice and Scrub Jays.
- Festival of the Cranes is 12/6-12/9 at Bosque del Apache in New Mexico.