Nature Happenings - June
- June is Perennial Garden Month & National Rivers Month
- Watch for all birds feeding their young. Baby birds, almost as big as their parents, are seen relentlessly begging for food sometimes very noisily.
- Young raptors are flying.
- House Finch young can be seen at feeders. You may need to add millet to your regular mix for June and July.
- Hummingbirds continue to nest.
- Orioles and Grosbeaks are fledging their young and coming to feeders.
- Most warblers and other migrating songbirds have left the area.
- Lone mockingbirds can be heard singing, occasionally all night.